The Admiral Advantage
What is the Admiral Advantage?
For over 40 years, Admiral has valued trust, honesty, and ethical behavior. We are passionate about supporting both our customers and our employees by delivering on our promises. We do so by:
- Admiral utilizes a comprehensive multi-tiered application and interview process exceeding many jurisdictional requirements and assisting us in vetting quality security personnel for our clients.
- Utilizing active and consistent communications and inspection processes that also assists us in our efforts to provide exceptional service to every client.
- Providing a hands-on approach, proactive problem solving, quick turn-around and senior level management involvement.
- Having our operational and senior management actively involved in professional trade associations. Our team regularly participates in development programs within the industry as both instructors and students.
- Balancing both a strong security mindset with outstanding customer service skills. We reinforce this with high quality training and development programs designed by professional educators.
The Admiral Advantage doesn’t stop there. In addition to implementing and managing a world class security program at your location, we offer a significant menu of no cost, low cost value added options. Please see the “Services” section for more information on how we provide our clients with a “total security solution.”
The Admiral approach is based on eleven key elements that differentiate us from the rest of the industry. Each element serves as a pillar in building a long-term partnership with our clients:
Stability: Admiral Security Services is an established company known for providing uncompromising service by earning the loyalty of our employees and our customers in a variety of specialty markets:
- Class A Commercial Real Estate
- Utilities/ Infrastructure
- Corporate Complexes
- Manufacturing and Distribution Centers
- Educational and Healthcare Facilities
Resources: Admiral is a family managed company with solid finances. Our sister company, Red Coats, Inc. has extensive resources. Red Coats has invested and continues to invest in Admiral’s operations in our never ending quest to become the standard of quality and service in the industry.
Freedom: We are privately owned with flexibility to make decisions that are based on taking care of our employees and our customers as opposed to short-term profitability. We are not constrained by the pressures of external investors. Our investors are the Peel family who established the company over 50 years ago. We are a “right-sized” company, and we manage Admiral as a company that can address the needs of our clients and people in ways that no “big company” can. We are nimble and empowered to make decisions on the spot in the interests of the customer and employee.
Proven Management Team: Our team includes a well-known and well-respected cadre of senior managers with a substantial amount of collective experience in building close partnerships with our customers and employees. This expertise ensures personalized and customized services specifically developed for the market. We are also active leaders in ASIS (American Society for Industrial Security); BOMA (Building Owners and Managers Association), IFMA (International Facility Management Association), AOBA (Apartment and Office Building Association) and other professional associations and private public partnerships to ensure we are contributing to the industries of our customers and listening to their current and emerging needs.
Training: Admiral’s philosophy in developing the skills of our security personnel is centered on learning not training. Training is a mechanical activity that fails to assess the results associated with it; learning is a dynamic process where information and skills are delivered to our employees in a manner that maximizes the retention and application of this information and skills to real, on-the-job situations. Anyone can attend training, but how much the student has learned and can apply without error is the benefit associated with a learning-centered organization. As a learning organization, Admiral strives for value-added performance at every service interaction and at every level of our organization.
- We have an extensive internal catalog of professional developmental courses for all levels of employees. Additionally, our training department identifies external training opportunities with Homeland Security and law enforcement to enhance professional development.
- Our superior training programs and investment in our people is a cornerstone of the exemplary services we provide to our clients.
Integrity: We subscribe to the proven values of trust, honesty and ethical behavior. We are passionate about looking our customers and employees in the eyes and delivering exactly what we promise. This level of integrity drives us to establish, audit and enforce very high standards for our people and our management team. We strive to exceed expectations.
Our People: Sadly, the quality, image and demeanor of security officers in many security companies has significantly deteriorated. Their employee “selection” has been replaced by hiring anyone who is able to complete an application and pass a background check. At Admiral, people are our product. How we select and treat them directly and significantly impacts the services we provide.
Our Benefits: We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and a “Dressed for Performance” uniform plan that provides a generous issue of high quality and professional uniform garments at no cost to the officers. Image is critical in the security industry and is very important in setting the tone. We provide a look and image that is unmatched.
Employee First Culture: Admiral genuinely cares for its people. Our values permeate everything we do and govern how we interact with our team. We are a special company for which to work. Our on-site support visits at all hours of the day and night. Managers are empowered to recognize their officers for good work. We believe that if we take care of our officers, the officers will take care of our clients, and our clients will reward us with their loyalty.
Cost-Efficient Business Model: Despite our commitment to excellence and service quality, we understand the financial realities in managing a business and security program. We present an attractive billing structure based on our ability to keep our overhead costs lower than our competitors. By maintaining a high officer retention rate and investing in comprehensive training, we dramatically reduce the costs associated with turnover, unemployment and liability/risk – thus allowing us to be price competitive without sacrificing the quality of our program.